Profile Evaluation, French Male, 27

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Profile Evaluation, French Male, 27

by camtip » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 am
Hi,

I am a French Male, 27, looking for a profile evaluation.

I have been working for a couple of years as an area manager at Cadbury/Kraft Foods. My goal was to improve sales on my area ( about 60 clients, mainly hypermakets such as Carrefour), by managing 3 sales persons. I set up new promotional events on my biggest stores to improves my sales and marketshares, resulting in an improvement of 17,4% of marketshares.
I have also won the award of the best promotional event out of 135 area managers.

Then, I have been working for the French leading oil producer ( sunflower oil, olive oil...) as a Regional Key Account Manager. It is my actual position ( 2 years now), and I have to improve my sales on my area ( over 100 customers, including 4 buying centrals ).
I won the award of best seller award ( I prospected a new client bringing to the company an addition 650,000$)over a year out of 35 potential candidates. And I also won the award of the best
marketshares improvement nationally out of 35.

Now, I want to transition from sales (operational side) to marketing (strategical side of the company) by integrating a business school.
At graduation I would like to work as a marketing consultant in the North Eastern USA, in a consulting firm ( Deloitte...)

I have a 3.4 GPA and a 610 (Q35, V37)

My list of schools is:

- Georgetown University,
- Boston College,
- University of Connecticut

What would be my chance of getting into one of these schools?

And, overall, which other schools would you advise me?

Best,

Cam

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by CourtneyJane@VeritasPrep » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm
Your work experience is excellent, and I like that you quantify your sales success. As well, coming from a sales background adds diversity to the classroom. What I am concerned about is your GMAT score. I would highly recommend that you take it again and really prepare. What did you do to prepare to get the 610? You really want to be at least a 650 for your target schools in my opinion, although your gpa is suitable for your target schools. So, step one, re-take the GMAT with a prep program such as the GMAT program at Veritas Prep. Given a 650 GMAT, other schools to consider would be Boston University, Duke, University of North Carolina, or Cornell (bit of a reach). Of course, there is so much more to your application that I would need to know more about, but the GMAT is the starting point for now.

Best of Luck!
Courtney Jane
Veritas Prep