Profile Evaluation (710, Non Profit+automobile)

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Thanks in advance for the help :)

GMAT (on 22 Aug 2013):710(92%ile)- Q50 V35
Male, Indian, Engineer (Production Engineering)

Background-
2 Years in Teach for India, Non- profit, Full Time (2012 onwards)
2 Years in Pricing Panel of Tata Motors, Automobile (2010-2012)

Post MBA I want to work in a top consultancy firm. I have held positions which required me to come up with quick and effective solutions, and I enjoyed this part of my work the most. I prefer to work in diverse teams working mutually towards a positive outcome. I want to pursue MBA to be more competitive, to build a strong network during my degree, and to get into consulting, preferably related to education.

My Target schools are:
Darden, Duke, Ross, Tuck, Kelly and Emory.

My Questions are:
1) Does one require certain pre-requisites to target consultancy after MBA.
2) Is it a good choice of schools to target as per my profile?
3) Will the fact that I have a 75 percentile in Verbal lower my chances in the above schools i.e. should I retake GMAT?

PROFILE SUMMARY

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Technology- College of Technology, GBPUA&T
Production Engineering, GPA 7.7/10
- 3rd in a batch of 31
- received University Merit scholarship for 2 consecutive years for being the topper of my department

WORK EXPERIENCE (4 YEARS BY AUGUST 2014)

Tata Motors Ltd, Fortune 500 and India's largest automobile company (2010 -2012)
Assistant Manager, Material Pricing
Key Responsibility: To lead the sheet-metal team of pricing panel division, generate and execute cost reduction ideas, conduct employee training, and negotiate commercial issues with the suppliers of 6 variants across 5 states.
In just one year, became the lead in the sheet metal department, heading a team of 14 members.

Teach for India, Non Profit Organization aiming to achieve educational equity in India (2012 onwards)
Accomplished a class-wide academic growth of 1.5 years in Math and 1.2 years in English in one year of teaching.
Classroom selected to represent TFI at InspirED(International Conference)

Extracurricular
- Facilitated counseling sessions for 150 adults and teenagers
- Advisor to 17 fellow teachers in the city, responsible for their troubleshooting and mentoring.
- Selected from 600 Fellows across India to represent India at the Leadership Development Conference attended by educators from 26 countries

OTHER LEADERSHIP ROLES
Founded an initiative to develop and conduct Character Development Workshops for students of low income schools across Delhi- Already impacted about 400 students and 60 parents across Delhi, resulting in transformed class culture and student outcomes
- Assembled a workforce of about 40 volunteers to run the initiative

Vice-President, of the University Official Body of Production Engineering- led 140 University students to plan, fundraise and organize National and University level technical and social events (such as Rural Classrooms, Clothes Donation Camps

MISCELLANEOUS
- Finalist of National Business Plan competition on social ventures
- Winner of National Paper Presentation Competition
- Second Runner Up in State Badminton Championship
- Published a paper in a National Conference

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rohitowe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm
Awaiting a response. Thank you.