Problem of 16 year of education

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Problem of 16 year of education

by sanchitsharma3 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:17 am
Hi there

I am Sanchit Sharma form India. I have completed my graduation in BBS( Bachelors of Business Studies) from Shaheed Sukhdev College of business studies(Which is India's Best undergraduate b-school),Delhi University. My problem is that in my country courses like these are for three years and universiteis where I want to apply ask for 4 yr bachelors degree, which in my case is not available so to fill the gap of one more year I took Post graduate diploma in managament but universities want me to finish my masters before applying. But my problem is masters to my course is MBA only which I intend to do from the universities and I can't take masters in other field.

So kindly help me and my situation and suggest a feasable solution.

Thanking you in anticipation

With Warm Regards
Sanchit Sharma

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by jkhousto » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:49 pm
Sanchit -

Thanks for your questions.

I have worked with several Indian nationals (as well as candidates from other countries) who only had three-year undergraduate experiences, and this has never come up as being a problem. Have you done enough research to verify that all of the schools you are interested in require four years? I would suggest maybe reaching out and inquiring directly to the admissions office of each potential school; they will have no doubt encountered this issue and can easily clarify for you.

As for schools' policies on applying for an MBA program having already finished your MBA...again, the schools each have their individual policies, and I suggest you research and/or inquire directly. However, you need to be ready and able to clearly articulate why you feel the American (or Canadian?) MBA will make a difference for you in terms of your professional trajectory and personal development.

Good luck!
Jennifer
Jennifer Houston, MBA
Consultant
mbaMission

Our Mission is Your Mission

www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (14 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Download the mbaMission Webinar, Demystifying the MBA Admissions Process