Pre-MBA Program

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710

Pre-MBA Program

by iMBA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:54 pm
UCLA Extension has a pre-mba program online. I was wondering if this looks good when applying to MBA programs. Am I better off taking these courses or taking the typical stats, econ, finance, accounting at a community college? I think I have to build an alternative transcript due to a low undergrad gpa. Which set of courses looks best?

Thanks!

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:36 pm
I am not familiar with the pre-MBA courses, but I would review their website to see what the focus is. If it is specifically designed to prepare you for a full-time MBA at a top school then that would probably be of more use. You should see who the online faculty will be. If the courses are taught by the same people as the regular MBA program then it should definitely be more rigorous than the courses at a community college.
Tani Wolff

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by CalvinBrave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 am
Hello friends,

I think GMAT prep and MBA prep are probably two related, but ultimately separate things. GMAT prep will be focused on optimizing your score on that one test. I'm not sure it will help you feel more comfortable in the classroom environment again.

If you're in the U.S. like me I've heard that taking a community college or open enrollment statistics course before your MBA might be a good way to get back in the swing of things academically. And statistics should come in handy (along with Microsoft Excel) with the quantitative stuff you'll face.

Thanks and Regards
Calvin Brave

Scholarships For Talented But Poor Students In India