pp1 (Q50,V32) 690

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

pp1 (Q50,V32) 690

by sidtiwari » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:26 am
Hi Guys,
I have just taken my frist powerprep after a week of generalistic prep and got a 690. My verbal was especially low .
I have my GMAT on 20th May and want to score above 750. My quant is reasonablly good and would not want to get below 51. Kindly suggest me if 750+ is realistic expectation in 45 days. Also suggest me the sources of study fro CR, and RC.

many thanks
SID

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by mousymouse » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:42 pm
you could do it but its time to study VERBAL and lots of it.

get cracking studying Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension Critical reasoning etc.

MGMAT guides do all these perfectly and an alternative to use for CR is Powerscores CR bible. Get the books and study them now.
Also if u dont already have it get the OG Verbal book too.

you could do it .

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by sidtiwari » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:06 pm
thanks for this one buddy... i have all the resources and i plan to to 2 runs of the OG and I have already started with the CR bible, but i dun know whether to finish with the theory first or simultaneously i should be attacking problems as well....

Also where can i get some real testing problems for Maths as the OG is a walk in the park

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by mousymouse » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 pm
good.

There are 3 Official Guides do you have all of them?
The Official Guide for GMAT review
The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitive Review
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review

If you dont then you should have all 3 and then you would have lots of "OFFICIAL" real problems and examples to do.

You could also try the Kaplan Advanced 2009-2010 book(GMAT 800) for more practice.

What tests and CATs have you tried? There are lots of them online that you could keep trying for FREE and keep practicing with.

Personally I would finish the theory first making sure I understand it really well and then do lots of practicing and tests and referring to the theory if relevant and brushing up on sections and questions I dont know but I think needing a solid base is important.