French Male, 27 years old, GMAT 650, 5 years experience

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
Hi,

I am a French male, 27 years, looking for an evaluation profile. I am planning to apply for Fall 2013 intake.

I have a 5 year work experience as follows:

I have been working for 2 years for the leading cooking oil seller in France as a Junior Key Account Manager

Project: Develop volumes sold to regional customers and increase share of market in hypermarkets
Responsibilities: Leader, Negotiation with central buying service
Results: 2% increase in share of market and + 0,5% in volume for 2011 in spite of a difficult economic context
Methodology: Optimization of the 4 P's. Development of the range sold in stores.

I worked as an Area Manager for Cadbury/Kraft foods (For 2 years) in France and Luxembourg

Project: Develop business in super- and hypermarkets of the Area
Responsibilities: Leader of a team of 3 sales promoters
Results: Growth of the business by 6% in a very competitive environment and an economic context hard to handle
Methodology: Analysis and Diagnosis of the needs of each stores; Optimization of the 4 P's

I worked as a Project Manager at Galeries Lafayette (Biggest French department store) (1 year)

Projects: Rethink the organization of a 3,500 square meters back-office surface (215 employees) /Remodelling of a commercial floor (2,500 square meters

Responsibilities: Project Leader
Results: 65% Costs Reduction compared to forecasts; Creation of a new synergy between the different departments; Creation of surface for other projects (Confidential Projects)
Methodology: Analysis and Diagnosis of the needs of each department; Internal Audit; Participative Management; Planning of the different actions; Competitive tenders; R.O.I. forecasts

Besides, my GMAT score is 650.

After my mba, I want to work in the consulting field, specialized in Marketing or even in the energy field.

My target schools are :

- UT Austin
- Georgetown
- Boston College
- University of Connecticut (UConn)

I would appreciate you give me others schools I could reach!

Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:28 members

by Heidi Granner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:33 pm
Hi camptip,

Thanks for your post.

A few additional options for you to consider:

-Texas A&M Mays. They offer a 16 month full-time MBA so you have the opportunity for a stronger return on investment. Also, they have great recruiting opportunities in the energy industry.

-Rice University Jones. They offer concentrations in both consulting and energy and being in Houston you will have excellent recruiting opportunities in both industries.

-Indiana University Kelley. Recently received the highest scores from alums on MBA Program, Faculty, and Career Center among top 25-50 full-time MBA programs. https://poetsandquants.com/2012/10/06/ho ... schools/2/

Good luck!

Best,
Heidi