Letter of Recommendation - Recruting HR?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members
Hi

I have joined the company that was my client before 6 months back. Actually, I was offered a job by them while I was a consultant with them. This has landed my in a precarious situation. I can't ask my client manager from previous organization for a LOR as he is my current functional manager. I can't ask my current supervisor as I have just joined the organization and more than anything good it will put in a very bad situation. My recruiting HR from the current org can give me a LOR. She knows me even before I joined the organization and I guess has a pretty good understanding as to why I was hired. Do you think it would hold any value to take LOR from a recruiting HR? I think she is the only person in my current org whom I can ask.

THanks
Kunal

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:29 am
Dear Kunal,

Your situation is understandable, so it is advisable that you write a short optional or additional info paragraph on why you have not asked your current supervisor. Ideally, having someone from your current organization would be best, but only if that person can speak to working with you. The HR representative might be a good idea, but only if you believe she can speak to what it is like to work with you and offer candid details. If she can only offer insights on how you are nice, have integrity, etc., then that is ok, but not as helpful to the admissions committee as someone who can speak to what it is like to work with you as a professional on projects.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me