Post MBA Work Opportunities in International Schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members
Hi Guys,
Most of the Top MBA Programs cost from $ 30K to $80K or more for their stretch of 1 or 2 years. Most of the students finance this burden through Loans. Most of these programs also boast of very high post-mba salaries, which can help in paying of the loans.

I would like to know, what is the lifetime/coverage of the Student Visas given for international students of these programs and also what are the challenges in finding a placement in a country where students graduate and are not a citizen of. Do the recruiting companies prefer students who already have a working visa ?

For Example, A and B go for an MBA in US( or any other nation for that matter). A is a US citizen and B is not. Do the recruiting companies look at them differently based on their citizenship and visa. Also what are the restraints for B, post MBA to find work and time limit he has for it. Can someone tell me what is the kind of Visa B will get and how will that affect his job opportunities post MBA.

PS: This is a copy from https://www.beatthegmat.com/post-mba-wor ... tml#476270
since no one replied there :(

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by OnlineStudent » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 am
Hi gmatNooB8787,

I won't be able to comment on United States, but I can tell you with certainty that if you are able to excel academically in your MBA program, you should consider taking your education in Singapore, this is a country that places heavy emphasis on paper qualifications, particularly in the government sectors and government owned companies here. If you are academically adept, you can get funding for your full tuition fees through the generous selection of scholarships available here - https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/scho ... r-mba.html. After graduation, it is very easy for scholars from local universities and reputable business schools to find jobs and a good salary. Citizenship for scholars are also highly accessible, regardless of your nationality.
gmatNooB8787 wrote:Hi Guys,
Most of the Top MBA Programs cost from $ 30K to $80K or more for their stretch of 1 or 2 years. Most of the students finance this burden through Loans. Most of these programs also boast of very high post-mba salaries, which can help in paying of the loans.

I would like to know, what is the lifetime/coverage of the Student Visas given for international students of these programs and also what are the challenges in finding a placement in a country where students graduate and are not a citizen of. Do the recruiting companies prefer students who already have a working visa ?

For Example, A and B go for an MBA in US( or any other nation for that matter). A is a US citizen and B is not. Do the recruiting companies look at them differently based on their citizenship and visa. Also what are the restraints for B, post MBA to find work and time limit he has for it. Can someone tell me what is the kind of Visa B will get and how will that affect his job opportunities post MBA.

PS: This is a copy from https://www.beatthegmat.com/post-mba-wor ... tml#476270
since no one replied there :(