Politician

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Politician

by neerajkumar1_1 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:40 am
Politician: Since my administration entered office, the percentage of people looking for work but unable to find it
has dropped from 7% to 5% of the total number of people either working or looking for work. These statistics
show that my administration's business-friendly policies have helped reduce the level of unemployment among
those willing to work.
Which of the following is an assumption on which the politician's argument relies?
A. The previous administration's worker re-education program had no significant effect on the unemployment
rate.
B. Less than 2% of the population working or willing to work at the start of the politician's term have stopped
working or looking for work.
C. None of the new jobs created during the politician's term went to those who already had jobs.
D. Most of those looking for employment found jobs in the field they were trained in.
E. The politician's business-friendly policies have had a direct affect on the ability of firms to hire more workers.

[spoiler]OA:B[/spoiler]

GMAT Score:650

by KICKGMATASS123 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 am
neerajkumar1_1 wrote:Politician: Since my administration entered office, the percentage of people looking for work but unable to find it
has dropped from 7% to 5% of the total number of people either working or looking for work. These statistics
show that my administration's business-friendly policies have helped reduce the level of unemployment among
those willing to work.
Which of the following is an assumption on which the politician's argument relies?
A. The previous administration's worker re-education program had no significant effect on the unemployment
rate.
B. Less than 2% of the population working or willing to work at the start of the politician's term have stopped
C. None of the new jobs created during the politician's term went to those who already had jobs.
D. Most of those looking for employment found jobs in the field they were trained in.
E. The politician's business-friendly policies have had a direct affect on the ability of firms to hire more workers.

The conclusion states that My admin has reduced the level of unemp among those willing to work. If we negate A. We get the previous admin workers re-ed program had significant effect on unemp rate. If this were true.. this would kill the conclusion.. Hence I think it should be A.

GMAT Score:650

by KICKGMATASS123 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am
neerajkumar1_1 wrote:Politician: Since my administration entered office, the percentage of people looking for work but unable to find it
those willing to work.
rate.

The conclusion states that My admin has reduced the level of unemp among those willing to work. If we negate A. We get the previous admin workers re-ed program had significant effect on unemp rate. If this were true.. this would kill the conclusion.. Hence I think it should be A.