Please rate my essar: TV & Radio Censorship

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please rate my essar: TV & Radio Censorship

by wiqbal96 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:01 am
In some countries, television and radio programs are carefully censored for offensive language and behavior. In
other countries, there is little or no censorship.”

Here is my essay

People have different views on the extent of TV and Radio programs censorship by governments, in my opinion governments should strictly censor TV and Radio programs. Following paragraphs elaborate my point of view.

First of all, socities have their own values. Level of acceptance to offensive language and behaviors are also different. This is is duty of the government to enforce reasonable censorship on television and radio programs to ensure that these programs conform to local values of the societies. As media is getting strong and world has become a global village so in this situation, government must act and ensure proper censorship.

In addition to value of a cerntain socity, different age groups have differnt level of acceptance to offensive language and behaviors on media. Adults can tolerate any such instance on media than kids. Kids will be influanced to act what they see on TV and Radio. This can create lots of problems in society. For example, crime rate in youth has increased in west since last few years. School and college going students are acting more voilent and we have seen some cases of even murders. I believe they are influanced by voilence shown on media.

Another point which is of importance is possible negative role of media. If TV and Radio programs are not strictly monitored and censored as per local values, they, in competition, can do damage to moral of a socity. For example, news channel, trying to be the first to broadcast news item, can potentially broadcast wrong news. This can seriously damage the image of the subject of the news. They can also show certain images, like voilence, deadbodies or offensive language in the name of giving real information about an incident, but this evantually demoarlize the society.

In current situation, when the whole world is facing challenges from global terrorism, this becomes very important to keep strict control on TV and Radio broadcasts. Governments need to keep a close eye, on any broadcasts they can brainwash minds of people who potentially can be influanced to join terrorist groups. Preechings of a certain group against other is one example which must be censored and stopped.

In conclusion, governments must play their role of a regulator and carefully censor TV and Radio programs. This is very important to protect local values of the society, save kids, school and college students to get influanced from offensive language and behavior. This is also important to regulate and define a code of conduct about TV and Radio programs broadcasting, so that they dont not violate human rights and they broadcast only authentic and geniun programs.