Any comments would be greatly appreciated,

The program I'm applying to is in Israel and asks for the following criteria:
GPA 3.0
GMAT 600
3 Years work exp
good understanding of English

GPA is 2.7
GMAT 630
5 years work exp. (2 in a financial services company, the last 3 in an ecommerce startup) At the startup I began in sales, and moved up to general manager very quickly. The company employs 25 people and has revenues of $15 Mil a year, and grew 25% last year even in the recession.

Mother tongue English
I also speak Russian, but on a less fluent level

My recommendation letters came from the founder/managing partner of the Startup company, and the Vice President, both of whom held me at very high regards.

My GPA is low, my GMAT is only 30 points higher than their minimum asks for, and my work experience is slightly higher than their minimum. What do you think my chances are? I just sent in my application and now debating wether I should take the GMAT again in a month to help my chances with a slightly better score.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm
Dear yvichman,

I think you have a chance of being admitted there. You can't change your GPA now, but you did do fairly well on the GMAT and have good work experience. In the event you are waitlisted, it is possible the school might ask you to retake the GMAT. If I were you, I would wait to see what the decision is. But you need to do what makes you comfortable. You can always try to contact someone in the admissions office to see if you can get an indication from them on whether or not to go ahead and retake the GMAT.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me