Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Please evaluate updated profile

by gmat_best-shot » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 am
Dear forum,
Here is my up-todate profile:

Masters in Computer Science from University of Kansas,2005, USA
GMAT 660
GRE 320 (89 percentile V, 72 percentile Q) according to: https://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_guide_table1a.pdf

About nine years full time experience (US and India) in embedded systems software engineering - consulting and product development in medical device and internet routers. Also, CEO of a business/technology consulting startup with plans of creating a new market for a cosmetical surgical device, producer of a short film based on personal experience and the coordinator for Loksatta political party in my neighborhood. Instrumental in leading company office to stay open during all India general strike protesting against politicians forcing professionals to shut shop. Wrote a protest hip song against "bandh" - irrational general strike and another satire song against power cuts in India. Planning to create music videos/albums project on the same. Guinness record holder for Hindu choir singing.

Languages known: English Telugu, Hindi. German(elementary), Mandarin(elementary)

My MBA focus areas are entrepreneurship and leadership by innovation.

Please comment on my profile for the following schools:
1. IMD
2. IE
3. Cornell
4. Stanford
5. Babson
6. Insead
7. Any other pref 1 year programs that fit my profile?

Muchas gracias :).

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:36 am
You have a good working experience and extracurricular activities. But your GMAT score of 660 is way below the average scores at your target schools. Even though GMAT score is not the only thing the top schools look for it plays a crucial role in getting an admission. Especially if you are targeting top schools the competition is going to be huge. Also remember you are applying from a huge talent pool (India), which makes it even harder for you. If I were you I would retake GMAT and aim for a 700+ score.
We need to understand your profile to comment on your chances at those schools. However if I were you, I would remove IE and add London Business School to the list. We know few people who got into LBS with such profiles. Good luck.

www.interviewbay.com
Mock interviews and Application reviews by Alumni

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by gmat_best-shot » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 am
Thanks for the reply. What about applying with my GRE score instead? What more information do you need for further understanding and evaluating my profile?