Please EVALUATE my profile

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please EVALUATE my profile

by almousan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:23 am
Hi. This is my background:

International student from the middle east with a undergrad degree from Michigan State Uni in Finance.
GPA: 3.6/4.0
GMAT: mid 500, retaking and think I can hit low-mid 600s.
Work Experience after grad: 3 month summer internship in private equity, 9 month prestigious finance training program, and now currently working (total 2 months) in a small financial services co.

The pros I see in my background are an above average GPA and and being an international student (is that a pro?)

I know my scores are pretty low and my work experience is not consistent (cons)

Im applying to 4-6 schools and wonder if I have a chance on getting into ANY of these schools:

Safety schools:
Bentley Uni
San Diego Uni

High Reach
USC
Babson
Boston Uni

Dream School
UCLA

So can I get into ANY of these schools? Im not sure if I have time to apply to all the schools so should I omit UCLA?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 pm
In your case, low 600s in GMAT and UCLA - that's a long shot. You'd be wasting your time with UCLA on this. How is the rest of your application coming along? Make sure that your essays are well written.

Hope this helps.
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by almousan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:08 pm
I currently have a score of 550... would a school like Bentley even consider me? What about the other schools?

I dont think Ill have a problem writing the essys.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 pm
If you retake GMAT and score around 600, then you should go ahead and apply to Bentley. Again, provided you retake GMAT and score in close to 600-610.

Hope this helps.
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31