Please evaluate my profile (690, Verbal-35 Maths- 49)

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,
I wrote GMAT and got a score of 690.... although i know this is not the good score ... i want to know the chances of getting into good school.
My profile is given below.
GMAT Score ( January, 2009)
Total - 690
QA - 49
VA - 35
AWA – 4.5
Graduation Score:
----------------------------
BE (Electronics and Communication Engg) – 84.3 %
12th Marks – 80.8 %
10th Marks – 89.62 %
Work Exp
---------------
August 2004 to till date - Senior Software Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata, India
Currently in Kolkata working as a techno-functional lead managing a team of 7. Been in Tokyo, Japan for 2 years managing teams of 4 members at offshore(India) with daily tasks etc.
Total Work Exp ( 5 Years with 2 years at Tokyo, Japan) .

I can get very very good recos from my managers at work and I have been managing teams of various sizes for the past 4 years.
Please let me know with this kind of profile where do I stand and any chances of getting admission into a good B School in Aug/Sep 2010. If yes, then plz suggest few of the good B schools where I do stand a fair chance as per my profile.
Following is the list of few universities where I want to know my chances of getting through with this profile :

1>San Francisco State University, USA
2>Goizueta BS, Emory University, USA
3>McCombs School of Business,University of Texas at Austin, USA
4>York University: Schulich, CANADA
5>Tepper School of Business,Carnegie Mellon Univeristy, USA
6>Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, USA
7>Leonard N Stern School of Business, New York University, USA
8>Cornell University (Stern), The Johnson School,USA
9>Queens, CANADA
10>University of Toronto: Rotman, CANADA
11>Darden School of Business: University of Virginia, USA
12>Richard Ivey, CANADA
13>Kelley School of Business,Indiana University, USA
14>"Krannert School of Management,
Purdue University", USA
15>JHJGSM, RICE UNIVERSITY, USA
16>The Fuqua School of Business,Duke University, USA
17>Kellog School of Business, USA
18>Yale University, USA
19>McGill, CANADA
20>Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Natherlands
21>SDA Bocconi, IMD, ITALY
22>Asian Institute of Management, Somalia
23>NUS, Singapore
24>Nanyang, Singapore

If you can provide me the approx rough idea, that out of these where I do stand a chance then it would be great help to me in deciding to apply for next year fall season.
Also can you suggest few schools where I have a good chance of getting through, preferably in the top 30 list. And if possible please let me know the chances of getting a scholarship among these schools.

Your reply will be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Bikramjit

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by AppReview » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 am
Hi Bikram,

Your overall profile is pretty good. 4 years of work ex should stand you good. An 84% from an Indian engineering school is an excellent percentage. your GMAT score is also decent, but when compared to other Indian students who apply for similar schools, it becomes a little plaid.

However, there are some schools in your list which should be a reach for you. We suggest that with a solid application and excellent LORs, you have a decent shot at the top 20-10 Group.

We are not evaluating your chances at the schools listed, as we highly encourage our clients to be focussed and specific about schools rather than have an extensive list from which they later choose (and sometimes end up getting confused as well). Please do write in to us if you need more help on a particular school's evaluation.

Regards,
Team AppReview
AppReview - Realizing your potential, transforming your dreams

A unique student collaborative venture - We are an eclectic mix of students having confirmed admission offers at Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Dartmouth, LSE, Cambridge, Imperial College, among others. Offering admissions consultancy options with the flexibility of choosing a custom mentor for all types of graduate and professional studies.

Follow us on Twitter | E-Mail: [email protected]