Paperbased tests (9 Disclosed tests by GMAC) Info requested

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Dear All,

I have been practicing with the disclosed test papers from GMAC( 9 in number). I am getting scores in the range of 660-700. the scaled score being 42-45 in verbal and 40-46 in quant.

I request a comment on this scoring procedure in comparison to the algorithm used in the present GMAT CAT.

There is some overlap between the OG and verbal,quant review questions.

The difficulty level as I noticed has increased considerably from the beginning to the end (1 ....n) in each section. It is impressive I felt.

My test date is 25.11.2008 and I want support from all you people in making my prep and the score brighter.

Regards

San
Bangalore,IN

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm
The paper tests are the least reliable of the GMAC provided cats. There are several reasons for this:

1) Old - these tests are very old and the difficulty of the exam has increased over the years so you are working with materials that will not match the difficulty level of the real test

2) Non-adaptive - the real test is adaptive and this has a big impact on the types of questions you'll see and their difficulty.

3) Overlap - the paper tests contain questions that are readily available in the OG materials, PowerPrep and GMATPrep so you will likely have seen many of the questions before.

You should not be basing your progress using the paper tests as there are better options (GMAT, MGMAT, etc).
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by san123 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:04 am
mayonnai5e wrote:The paper tests are the least reliable of the GMAC provided cats. There are several reasons for this:

1) Old - these tests are very old and the difficulty of the exam has increased over the years so you are working with materials that will not match the difficulty level of the real test

2) Non-adaptive - the real test is adaptive and this has a big impact on the types of questions you'll see and their difficulty.

3) Overlap - the paper tests contain questions that are readily available in the OG materials, PowerPrep and GMATPrep so you will likely have seen many of the questions before.

You should not be basing your progress using the paper tests as there are better options (GMAT, MGMAT, etc).
Hi ,

I have been putting efforts for this test from the past 3 months. The materials I solved are..

1.OG 11 (accuracy ~80%)
2.OG 10 (accuracy ~ 75%)
3.verbal review, (Acc~75%)
4.quant review (acc~75)
5.Manhatten SC,CR
6.Demystified series from Mc grawhill for geometry,word problems,algebra.(Refresher)
7.Disclosed GMAT papers (9 in #)
8.1000 SC
9.Barrons GMAT tests
10.Arco GMAT tests
11. Mc grawhill GMAT 2008 tests.
12.Kaplan SC,CR,RC tests
13.Longman pocket phrasal verbs
14. some misc.....

I request you people to comment on this and help me prepare for the D-day. Its on 25/11/2008.

please suggest.Thanks in adv

Regards
San