Pacing

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Pacing

by casalily » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:26 pm
I was just reviewing how much ground I had covered and wanted to check if I was pacing myself appropriately so far. I am taking my GMAT on Sept 29th and so far I've finished all of MGMAT Quant and MGMAT Critical Reasoning (2 chapters into Reading comprehension). I took the GMAT Prep #1 test in the beginning of my 60 days as well as the diagnostic. I finished the PS section of the OG guide and have started on the DS questions. I'm not sure if I should be speeding up or not. I was planning to finish all the MGMAT books by the 29th of this month as well as the OG guide. Then I planned to spend the rest of the month reworking questions I got wrong in the OG guide and MGMAT books. However, I'm starting to think I might have gone too slowly. Should I be worried?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm
casalily wrote:I was just reviewing how much ground I had covered and wanted to check if I was pacing myself appropriately so far. I am taking my GMAT on Sept 29th and so far I've finished all of MGMAT Quant and MGMAT Critical Reasoning (2 chapters into Reading comprehension). I took the GMAT Prep #1 test in the beginning of my 60 days as well as the diagnostic. I finished the PS section of the OG guide and have started on the DS questions. I'm not sure if I should be speeding up or not. I was planning to finish all the MGMAT books by the 29th of this month as well as the OG guide. Then I planned to spend the rest of the month reworking questions I got wrong in the OG guide and MGMAT books. However, I'm starting to think I might have gone too slowly. Should I be worried?
It sounds to me like you're on track.
Having said that, the results of your last practice test will give you an indication of how much work you have ahead of you. If your score is close to your target score, then you have little work to do. The greater the distance from your target score, the more work you have ahead.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com