Operations on rational numbers

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Operations on rational numbers

by JimmyQ » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am
Hi guys

I have done about 100 PS questions on the OG 11th and 12th edition. After analysing my answers, I see that my weakest area is "operations on rational numbers". I do not like this trend as a lot of the questions on the GMAT test touches this area.

I would really appriciate if you guys have some tips on how to improve in this area. Can you recommend some great books, webpages or similar? And do you have some tips on how to think and approach these types of questions?

Thanks a lot!

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Tue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm
JimmyQ wrote:Hi guys

I have done about 100 PS questions on the OG 11th and 12th edition. After analysing my answers, I see that my weakest area is "operations on rational numbers". I do not like this trend as a lot of the questions on the GMAT test touches this area.

I would really appriciate if you guys have some tips on how to improve in this area. Can you recommend some great books, webpages or similar? And do you have some tips on how to think and approach these types of questions?

Thanks a lot!
Sometime back a user suggested me use MGMAT Number properties!

I got that one & its damn good book!! It will solve all your issues at grass-root level

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by LulaBrazilia » Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm
JimmyQ wrote:Hi guys

Thanks a lot!
Hi Jimmy,

I think you would find the OG Companion very useful. I mean the one from gmatfix, not mgmat. it's great at teaching take-aways and multiple solving approaches and guessing strategies to the questions in the OG. run a search for "gmatfix official guide companion review" to help make up your mind. it's a great book

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by JimmyQ » Tue May 25, 2010 11:18 pm
Thanks to the both of you!

1) I do have the MGMAT Number Proporties, so I will definetely go through this one more time.

2) Great tips regarding the GMATFIX companion. I do have the MGMAT companion (but not a big fan), so will have a look at the one you recommend to see if there is anything I can pick up. I am sure there is :)