Online Prep Course

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:16 members

Online Prep Course

by alex.gellatly » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 am
Does anyone know of a good online prep course with proven results? I recently took the GMAT and failed terribly (read post below). I've been diligent and did well on practice tests. I just failed. So, does anyone know of any programs worthwhile? Oh yea, I'm an American living in Taiwan so prep courses are kind of unfeasible.

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by GMAT Kolaveri » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 am
how much did you score on the test?

how did you prepare for the test?
Did you learn from the problems you solved.
Did you review the problems.
Did you redo incorrect problems.
Did you have strategies for the specific types of question test in GMAT.

Most people get less than expected score because of faulty preparation.

1. solving more and more problems will not improve your accuracy. it may decrease you accuracy. you will get better at using the wrong strategy.
2. quality > quantity
3. go thro the debriefs of successful retakers and you will agree with point 2.

if you can correct you preparation methodology you can definitely do well on GMAT.
refer to my post on GMAT SC preparation methodology
https://gmatkolaveri.tumblr.com/post/195 ... correction
Regards and Thanks,
Vinoth@GMAT Kolaveri
https://www.facebook.com/GmatKolaveri
https://gmatkolaveri.tumblr.com/

Click the thank you button if you like my reply :)

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:85 members
GMAT Score:750

by tpr-becky » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 am
The hallmarks of a good prep course is one that teaches all of the content that you will see on the GMAT and does not focus on content that is not tested. This will make your study time more efficient. Secondarily, you need a prep course that focuses on strategy and timing as well as content. Once you begin studying you will realize that the math tested on the GMAT is basic up to Algebra II but the reasoning is much more difficult. You need someone who can help you with all sides of this and who also has plenty of practice exams that you can take to gauge your progress.

I am an online teacher/tutor for The Princeton Review and have excellent results with my online classes. We will be launching a new class for the GMAT begining April 30th - this new class will include 26 hours of in class lessons that are recorded for later viewing, 3 additional workshops to target problem areas, 10 practice exams and 3 full books of content along with the official guide. With our previous course I have helped many students succeed and I believe the new course will provide any student with the grounding they need.

Feel free to contact me for any additional information.

Best of Luck
Becky
Master GMAT Instructor
The Princeton Review
Irvine, CA