Online GMAT Courses?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Online GMAT Courses?

by stvncao » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:12 pm
Hi,

I'm reaching out to everyone who has taken any online GMAT courses to find out their opinion on the following courses:

Veritas
Kaplan
Knewton

I have narrowed my choices down to these three so any feedback would be great, but if you feel that I am overlooking a different online prep course, please provide suggestions.

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm
These are all excellent choices. Two things you may want to consider as you continue your due diligence:

First, do quick search using the Google site search at the top right of this website. There has been a lot of discussion on each of these courses in the past, and you may benefit from hearing what other members have said about each of these classes.

Second, I think that all three of these companies offer a free preview or first session. Think about attending the previews and seeing for yourself what program is the best fit for you.

And if possible, keep us updated and let us know what you decide! Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by DestroyTheGMAT » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 am
I have taken Vertias. Their CR was really good and their quant is good too, but their SC and RC wasn't too good. I have just ordered Manhattan SC which everyone calls SC bibble. Another think I did not like about Vertias, like most people often point out, is that Vertias only really offers 5-Cats. The test of them are from 800Score (5), Petersons (3), and Acro (2). I had access to all of the ones that are not from Vertias and thought I wasted some money.

I considering going with Kaplan this time, just not sure if it will be a right choice. I have heard better things about Manhattan GMAT than Kaplan. I don't wanna waste $1500 and end up regretting it, so I am in the same boat as you.

Please let me know which one you go with and why!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:16 members
GMAT Score:770

by Scott@VeritasPrep » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:19 pm
DestroyTheGMAT wrote:I have taken Vertias. Their CR was really good and their quant is good too, but their SC and RC wasn't too good. I have just ordered Manhattan SC which everyone calls SC bibble.
Hi DestroyTheGMAT,

I work for Veritas Prep, and I saw your comments about how our SC and RC lessons weren't as goos as you expected. I'm very surprised to hear this given the feedback we normally receive from our students, but could you please tell me more so that we can keep improving our materials? PM me if you prefer to do it that way.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Scott Shrum

Veritas Prep