One year programs

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

One year programs

by supremelegacy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:47 pm
I'm a new member in this fantastic platform of confluence for everyone planning for an MBA. I'm currently in the process of researching on the best 1 yr. MBA programs available before I can decide which ones to pursue in my list of schools to apply. Through this post I'd like to seek & share advice from all regarding information on the best one year MBA programs available, including experiences of fellow members, and all other aspects. Please enrich this topic with your valuable input so that many others apart from myself would benefit immensely from this insightful topic.

All the best!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by tmino » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm
There are only few decent 1-year programs in the US (e.g. Kellogg). European bschools tend to be 1 year programs, with a few exceptions (LBS, IESE). Here are the best known ones:
- INSEAD (probably the best 1 yr program worldwide)
- IMD (maybe 2nd best around)
- Cambridge JUDGE
- Oxford SAID
- Instituto de Empresa
MBAvolunteers - Application feedback in exchange for a donation to a non-profit
MBA Admission Requirements - All you need to know about getting into b-school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by bharathh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 am
There are some amazing one year schools in Asia as well.

National University of Singapore (Out of favor this year.. but very good for recruitment out of college)

Indian School of Business (Only 6 yrs old but already ranked in the top 20 b schools for two years running (Currently #15 on the FT business ranking list ahead of all the schools in the above list other than IMD and INSEAD).

Nanyang School of Business (Another Singapore based university ranked in the FT top 25 MBA schools)

Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is also a very highly ranked (and rated) university that has a 12 month curriculum.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

comparing global 1 year mba programs

by mission09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm
Does someone on this forum have insight on 1-yr MBA programs available in Canada and compare them with similar programs in europe and Asia.

FT has ranked oxford, cambridge, INSEAD, ISB much ahead of canada's Queen's school of business or IVEY school of business. On the other hand, canadian business schools stand ahead in rank given by business week.

Can anyone provide information beyond rankings to compare these programs?

Cheers :)

Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 am
@ Mission09

- You could go with Business week or some other magazine, however, there is always a difference in opinion, as these magazines are looking at different criteria. One way to see how good a school has been is to see a pattern of their 'global placement' in the last 3-4 years. You may be able to find better information at the link below.

https://www.usnews.com/sections/educatio ... index.html

Good Luck!
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mission09 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 pm
Sophia007,

I am sorry, but the link you provided has added more to the confusion instead of helping me :(

If I follow the rankings given by that link, university of western ontarion ranks much below other canadian universities (such as university of alberta, mcgill etc. However, the other thread on this forum indicate IVEY school of business better than most other schools in canada.

Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 am
Hi Mission,
Sorry for a late response. IVY league schools are always better. But then, my point wasn't to confuse you. It was to make you realize that each 'website' has its own way to assess. In the end, go with the 'generic' ranking from the sources you are referring to and go ahead and apply!

If you are still in a state of confusion - please feel free to directly email me and we can set up a time for a quick phone call. That is much more efficient and you'll get your additional questions answered right away.

Warm regards,
Sophia
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by supremelegacy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:40 am
@ tmino and
@ bharathh
sorry for this late reply, but thanks to you for helping me out. I'm sure others will benefit from this as well.