One More Shot...

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

One More Shot...

by gabriel16 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:02 am
Ladies and gentlemen,

I recently wrote an excerpt on the “I beat the GMAT!” forum detailing my recent GMAT experience. Thankfully I ended up scoring a 670 (42 Q 40V) about a month ago. My first impression was that this score would be enough to help me gain acceptance into a top program – not necessarily a top five, but possibly a top twenty school. After going over my application prospects, although I feel that I am a good candidate, I do not feel that I am a great candidate at this point. Given this fact, I have decided to give the GMAT one more shot. At the very least I feel that it will look good to the admissions committees to see that I was not content with a score of 670. I am a very determined individual, and I have been studying almost every day for the past few weeks in preparation for my upcoming test which takes place at the end of August. I have already taken the MGMAT course and I have pretty much all the materials any one person could need (MGMAT resources and books, OG’s, GMAT hacks. Etc.). My problem area at this point is my quantitative ability. I truly believe that if I can pull off a good quant score on the test it will go a long way with the admissions committees. Given my situation, I was wondering if any of you, both moderators and non-moderators, had any specific advice in regards to maximizing my study preparation until my test at the end of August? I truly believe that bumping up my score a little, namely my quant, will really help my chances.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

“This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they die!”

- King Leonidas

Gabe