One day left! Desperately need advice!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

One day left! Desperately need advice!

by Padre » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am
Hey,

I have got into Telfer school of management and Alberta school of management in Canada. Telfer has given me a scholarship recently and hence its total tuition fee comes up to $17000 and tuition fee of Alberta is $39000. Alberta is a FT100 college ans Telfer's not. Help me take a decision. I do not want to compromise on the quality of the MBA. I have one day to tel them about my decision! Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 am
There is very little I can do to help except ask you a few questions.
How important is the money to you? Are you able to raise the funds for either school?

Does one school have a better curriculum with respect to your target career than the other?

What are the average starting salaries for graduates of the two schools? If one starting salary is significantly higher than the other that will affect how much you are willing to borrow.

What industry are you looking at? Will the school tell you whether its graduates work for companies in that industry. What industries interview at each school?

How big is the differntial in rank between the schools?

Are they both accredited?

If you believe in the rankings and you don't want to compromise on quality you will probably be happier at Alberta. That doesn't necessarily mean you will get a better education there, but you will probabaly be surrounded by stronger classmates at a ranked school. That affects both learning and long-term networks.
Tani Wolff