OG one more time

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:470

OG one more time

by gmatplayer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:09 pm
This may be the common difficulty to people who are in their advance stages of preparation. In order to improve in my weak areas, as per suggestion by DanaJ, I am specifically working on topics such as strethening arguments, weakening, assumption and few more types. I am doing this by attempting OG question one more time. My success rate has improved from about 50% to about 70-80%. However, while doing few of these problems, I do remember correct answer, or very few times I choose wrong answer which I had correct in first run. Sometimes question (mostly CR) confuse me even though they are not so difficult as I remember my thinking. So given that I am solving 20% additional problems correctly than first run my question is "am I making progress here?"

Right now I am in about 48-50Q and about 30V

Followed by:1 members

Re: OG one more time

by vivecan2005 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 pm
gmatplayer wrote:This may be the common difficulty to people who are in their advance stages of preparation. In order to improve in my weak areas, as per suggestion by DanaJ, I am specifically working on topics such as strethening arguments, weakening, assumption and few more types. I am doing this by attempting OG question one more time. My success rate has improved from about 50% to about 70-80%. However, while doing few of these problems, I do remember correct answer, or very few times I choose wrong answer which I had correct in first run. Sometimes question (mostly CR) confuse me even though they are not so difficult as I remember my thinking. So given that I am solving 20% additional problems correctly than first run my question is "am I making progress here?"

Right now I am in about 48-50Q and about 30V
As per given information, It seems that certainly you are making progress. But for these type of issues such as you forget the correct answer, I normally work through maintaining log for every section on MS Excel sheet in very organized way and gets print out after finishing every practice test. I am also maintaining the graphs of my mistakes in a dashboard style. That helps me in extremely organized way to analyze the level of my preparation, practice and improvement.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by p2dski » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:14 pm
gmatplayer,

It doesn't matter if you know what the answer is. What matters is you understand WHY it is that answer.

GMAT Score:470

by gmatplayer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:56 pm
Thanks guys, anything positive makes me confident
All the best!