% of Answers correct in OG (12th Edition) & Kaplan (2010

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:580
I keep getting around 45-55% of the SC practice questions right, I have been going at it for 3 days now.

I am getting frustrated and wondering, what is the percentage that I should be getting? What level are the questions in the OG?. I scored in the high 70% for CR and RC on the Kaplan Test for my base test.

SC is just pure evil.

So what percentage of practice test questions should I be look to get right in order to try to score a 70% in the SC section of the gmat.

Cheers,

Rameez

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by vscid » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am
rsiddi01 wrote:I keep getting around 45-55% of the SC practice questions right, I have been going at it for 3 days now.

I am getting frustrated and wondering, what is the percentage that I should be getting? What level are the questions in the OG?. I scored in the high 70% for CR and RC on the Kaplan Test for my base test.

SC is just pure evil.

So what percentage of practice test questions should I be look to get right in order to try to score a 70% in the SC section of the gmat.

Cheers,

Rameez

I am getting frustrated and wondering, what is the percentage that I should be getting?
It is hard to point out a specific percentage. Looks like you are in the early stages of preparation. SC is all about concepts, so I guess keep on practicing using reputed material. Usually people struggle with RC, but if you are relatively good with it, SC shouldn't be too hard to improve upon.
What level are the questions in the OG?
Generally speaking, they go from easy to tough in the ascending order of the problems.
The GMAT is indeed adaptable. Whenever I answer RC, it proficiently 'adapts' itself to mark my 'right' answer 'wrong'.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:580

by rsiddi01 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 am
Thank you for your insight, At least my % is staying the same or getting better by a few points every time I try a few questions :)