Number properties and strategy- Can someone help me?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I am preparing for my GMAT for the past one month with a fairly disciplined schedule and making some progress. My

Powerprep 1 score is 510 (without preparation),
Powerprep 2 is 550 with 15 days preparation and
MGMAT CAT 1 is 590 (26 days preparation).

I still have a month to go for the real game. In almost all my mock tests I seem to get the number properties wrong. I have referenced OG 11, PR and Kaplan. I am missing something(I always thought this will be an easy cake but no! it turned to be a nice looking bitter cookie). I am getting Geometry, word problems mostly correctly and my verbal part is decent (still a lot of room for improvement). Please suggest some strategies for cracking number properties. I have a full time job and I can devote 4 hrs per day. Week ends are completely mine. I need a decent score of 650 in GMAT and I am targetting only Canadian Schools as I live and work here in Canada. Any suggestions friends? I will remain indebted to BTG forever.

Thanks
~R

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:12 am
Do some searches on 'number properties' in the Google search area at the top right of this website. There's a ton of discussion/tips from the past!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rajmirra » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:16 am
beatthegmat wrote:Do some searches on 'number properties' in the Google search area at the top right of this website. There's a ton of discussion/tips from the past!
Awesome! Thanks Eric.

~R