Not Able to Study! Exam In 3 days!!!

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Not Able to Study! Exam In 3 days!!!

by nimish_rulz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:36 pm
Hello,

I have my exam on the 7th been trying hard to study but not been able to. I feel like I have reached at a point of saturation where I am not interested in studying any of the GMAT related stuff. I was fine before the beginning of this week and had planned on how to approach this week. But I have ended up wasting the past 4 days. My initial plan was to look at all the mistakes made and do go through the OG explanations of the SC questions, but haven't done any of it. Still need to revise for the AWA section.

I took a Gmat Prep test on Sunday and scored 660(Q 49 and V 31) my target score is 700.

I am really not sure about what should be done in the next 3 days or how to approach it.

I started revising for this exam 4 weeks back but did try and give around 4-5 hrs each day except the last few days and the 2 days around easter.

I was very confident a week back but not loosing confidence as I think the last week preparation could have been vital.
Any advice on what should I do besides looking at the AWA questions and preparing for it.
Past is: Behind Me---Future is: Secure---Present is: An Aim To Crack The GMAT. So I say lets do it!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

exam on 8th

by sangeethai » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:27 pm
Hi Nimish,
I have my test on the 8th. Although I am able to prep a little bit, I am very nervous. The last Prep I took for some reason I did not get a consolidated score, it just went right to the screen with the number of incorrect answers. I think it was for a good reason since I had about 21 wrong answers in Quant, I was crushed. This is exactly the number I was 2 months back with barely any prep. My timing was way off in quant. I am very nervous, I have been working hard, I don't want to blow this. I see quite a bit of improvement in my verbal, but Math is getting me very nervous.

Anyways just keep calm, If you are not able to do any prep, atleast try to browse through all the GMAT prep questions posted on this site. It should help, compensating for not being able to prep with the OG . I hope this helps. Stay calm, and I am sure you will ace the GMAT. I wish you all the very best.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:58 pm
The general experience is that the last few days before the exam should not be loaded with prep. The key thing is to maintain your cool. In my opinion, you cannot prep any more the 2-3 days before the exam. The best thing to do is relax and revise your weak areas or review flash cards. If you lose your confidence, you are losing the game. So hold on..Be confident on your prep.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by wwallace1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:01 pm
u should atleast try going over some stuff