New visa regulations in UK

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

New visa regulations in UK

by swagatadhar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:03 am
Hello Friends,

Anybody planning to apply to UK schools this fall ? With all the new visa regulations for non-EU migrants and students in UK, will it be difficult to acquire a student visa? Let me know what you all are planning to do.

I wrote to Cranfield adcom for their feedback and they replied that its difficult to comment until final decisions come out.
Considering round 2 is approaching fast, i am wondering whether to apply now and wait for the good or bad news about the visas. What do you think?

Regards,
Swagata Dhar

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by djc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 am
It is very unlikely that the change in immigration regulation would effect a post graduate course. If at all, it would make a difference to undergraduate courses (diplomas, certificates etc). Best place to check out is at immigrationboards.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by ronaldramlan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:26 pm
Here is a reply I got when I contacted a current student from LBS for advice ... I believe Tier 4 is the one that you are worried about.

====================================================================================================
On 22 March the UK Border Agency made a statement outlining changes for applicants and students from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland .
· Students admitted to study at London Business School will be eligible for a Tier 4 visa.
· Dependants of students studying on any of the London Business School programmes will be able to work in the UK , according to the UK Border Agency.
· In terms of what happens after graduation, it has now been confirmed that the Tier 1 Post Study Work route will not accept new applications from April 2012.
· However, based on what we currently know, in country transfers from Tier 4 to Tier 2 (employer sponsored) visas will not be capped. Most companies have a Tier 2 licence.
· London Business School continues to work closely with the UK Border Agency regarding the changes.

====================================================================================================