New to GMAT - quick study question

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

New to GMAT - quick study question

by UBCwannabe » Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 pm
Well, pretty quick :)

I was hoping someone could point me towards a good general study plan for the GMAT.

I have studied for the LSAT for months so I am familiar with reading comp and critical reasoning. While I plan on brushing up on those skills, I would like to get started tackling the unknowns (math and sentence correction) asap.

I downloaded a practice exam program from MBA.com and ran through a few practice questions. I got 13/15 on the CR and 11/15 in the sentence correction. The sentence correction I find tricky.

I am at a complete loss with the math questions. I am not bad at math but am out of practice. I am currently enrolled in business classes full-time, however I have time on my side, Dec 15th is my deadline for 1st round applications. I will also have most of August off completely.
I just bought these three books after browsing this website for tips.

"The Official Guide for GMAT Review"
"Sentence Correction GMAT Preparation Guide, 4th Edition"
"Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook"

I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu May 06, 2010 5:39 am
Get Manhattan GMAT SC guide and all of their math guides. You are actually in a good place. The LSAT RC and Logical Reasoning is by far harder than anything that you will see on the GMAT so you are well positioned to do well on verbal. Get the books I suggested, and you should have no problem raising your score.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.