Need help with scheduling test day

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:470

Need help with scheduling test day

by gmatplayer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:01 pm
I am in full length test mode now and about 6-7 more to go. Trying to cross 700+ and hovering between 600-650 now (good 6 month practice so far). Is it good to schedule my test now. The reason I am asking question is not having any idea about availability of dates. I have no idea on how soon people do it. I was thinking I would do it about 2 months before. So if that is true I am about same time away from my goal (Hope is the best thing!)
Any suggestions please?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm
If you're picky about the time of day you take your test, then you should sign up early. The prime slots (late morning) fill up fast. On the other hand, if you're a morning person and want an 8 am test, you can usually sign up with a week's notice.

Also, if you need to take your test on a weekend (some test centers are open on Saturdays) you should sign up early since those fill up quickly, too.

From a prep standpoint, sometimes it's good to finally set the date so that you have a little pressure to kick your study into an even higher gear. If you've already been studying for six months, I think you might do well with a deadline.
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep