Need Help - to create a plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need Help - to create a plan

by Anamika83 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:24 am
Hi

So here is my quick query:-

I have approx 4 months to prepare for GMAT starting June 15th. I have almost each n every book/software available with me. However i m struggling with creating a plan .

I really want to score 700+ and i m ready to put in the required effort for the same. All i need is guidance to make a plan which then i can execute religiously.

Expecting a prompt response.

Thanks a ton!
A.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ElizabethWiggs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:57 am
I recommend that you start simply looking at problems and familiarizing yourself with them. On the verbal section, especially, that was the most important thing for me. I wasn't familiar with critical reasoning questions and the way I got good at them was by getting to know the way they work.

Also, (this is completely my advice, so don't take it for gospel) start putting in at least an hour a day of doing problems - spend as much time as you want reading about test strategy, but make sure you give a good amount of time to working through questions. The Official Guide is the best resource for practice sets because they're all real GMAT questions.

I scored a 770 and really only studied hard for two and a half months, so you have some time. If you want to read what I did in more detail, you'll find my post under the "I beat the GMAT" section of this forum. Whatever you do, make sure that the month before your test is your most intense study period. Don't do so much now that you get tired of studying and let your study schedule slip right before the test.

Good luck!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:36 pm
Anamika,

As Elizabeth mentioned, the I Beat the GMAT section is good to check out to hear about successful study strategies. You can cobble a few of them together based on where you are now, your learning style, and where you want to be. Your first step is to take a practice test; your next step is to determine a target score based on desired schools.

Studying for the GMAT doesn't necessarily require a mountain of materials. I only used one prep book. Many of my students were successful just using our program. Don't get overwhelmed.

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep