need help on Number Theory and Probability

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I am planning to give GMAT around end Aug. In Quant section, I am doing good and I am able to answer more 90% of the questions correctly. After analysing my wrong answers I have come to conclusion that most of my problems are in the area of Probability or Number Systems.

Pls help me in terms of guiding me about what books/internet resources I can refer to practice these topics for high difficulty level. I have already gone through OG11 and Kaplan 800.

Looking for your valuable inputs.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
gupta.amit3 wrote:I am planning to give GMAT around end Aug. In Quant section, I am doing good and I am able to answer more 90% of the questions correctly. After analysing my wrong answers I have come to conclusion that most of my problems are in the area of Probability or Number Systems.

Pls help me in terms of guiding me about what books/internet resources I can refer to practice these topics for high difficulty level. I have already gone through OG11 and Kaplan 800.

Looking for your valuable inputs.
Hi amit,

GMAT only tests the basics of probability and number system, so any book which explains the basic should suffice (that is kaplan, manhattan, veritas or even OG). What you need to do is solve more of these problems because these are 2 topics in which you get better by solving more problems.

If you are in India just pick up any book meant for CAT entrance exams and that should be enough for most types of questions on probability and number systems.

GMAT Instructor
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_RedSoxFan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:36 am
I agree with Gabriel.

Using any of the major test prep providers' books should help and doing more problems help as well. I'd hesitate to go anymore technical into these areas as the GMAT isn't looking for technical knowledge, just your ability to apply specific concepts within a time constraint. Those specific concepts are the ones presented by the test prep books.
Ryan S.
| GMAT Instructor |
Elite GMAT Preparation and Admissions Consulting
www.VeritasPrep.com

Learn more about me