Need help & guidance

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Need help & guidance

by abhishekgoenka05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:36 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US?
What are the timelines for intakes at US?
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?

Thanks,
Abhishek

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:04 am
abhishekgoenka05 wrote:Hi Everyone,
hi @Abhishekgoenka05,
So here's a good article summarizing current US costs for B school: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ss-of-2016

I think in terms of salary, this gives some good info: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pe ... aduate.asp

Many MBA's want to work at Amazon- so you may be ahead of the game there- you may observe within Amazon the career trajectories of people with and without MBA's to make your choice. The other part of the MBA that cannot be quantified is the confidence, career awareness and networking that you get. It is also a time of personal growth for many. If finances are a big concern- I suggest you take the strategy of applying to programs where you over index on GMAT score and experience as in those programs you would be more likely to get fellowship dollars. If you want to strategize with us on this, please reach out for a free consult at StratusPrep.com

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US?
What are the timelines for intakes at US?
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by [email protected] » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:55 am
Hello Abhishek,

Thank you for sharing.
First of all, you have an interesting background and valuable work experience. Working at Amazon could differentiate you from the rest of the applicants.
If you are interested in the application process, you can download our FREE ebook to get here. Or if you need further assessment. Please do not hesitate to sign up for a FREE consultation. Hence, we can find a MBA program which fits your needs and budget together.

Best of luck,
As GM of MBAitNow I make sure that every client receives the attention they deserve and experience our well-structured approach and process that ensures that they will have the best chances to get accepted at their dream schools.

My team and I had placed clients at MBA programs such as, HBS, SLOAN, ANDERSON, STERN, WHARTON, BOOTH, KELLOGG, HAAS, DARDEN, FUQUA, ROSS, etc.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by abhishekgoenka05 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 am
Thanks a lot for those insights, really helps!

While I was researching, I heard about Ireland for MBA (Dublin school of Business & Trinity).

Below are my doubts/questions:

1. How's Ireland for MBA?
2. Between the 2 schools which one is better and why?
3. I noticed that the tution fees for Trinity is almost 3 times that of Dublin. Wondering why.
4. Job scope & starting avg. package there?

Thanks,