Need clarification regarding letter from a B school

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I am software professional with 5 years of experience in various role. I wrote GMAT test and scored 500. On the day of exam I selected Darden B school (univercity of Virginia) to send my score card. As I wanted to improve my score I started preparing for the test again. But surprisingly I got a letter from Darden B school admission department saying "please consider applying to Darden School of Business". I am not sure what to do.Though I am focussing on improving score at the moment, I still want to know whether they considered my score(weighing against work exp) and inviting me to apply for the college or is it just a marketing letter of the school. I sent mail to Darden school and waiting for their reply. Kindly give input from your side. Do I need to consider the letter seriously and go ahead with application procedure or else ignore it.
Awaiting for your reply
Shrnayak

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by niraj_a » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:02 am
they are just acknowledging that they received your score and nothing else.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:45 pm
Dear Shrnayak,

I agree with niraj_a; the letter is just a standard form letter sent to anyone who sends scores to Darden. I doubt they even looked at the number. So, it is marketing. Good luck on attempt #2 and on your applications!

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me