Need 550 minimum - 1 1/2 weeks left

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need 550 minimum - 1 1/2 weeks left

by MBA_Ziggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:14 am
Have been studying off/on....

For the real exam...
Should I concentrate on just getting the first 5 questions right (spend extra time) then not worry about the remainder of the section (as long as I finish?)

I have the following books:
Manhattan SC (read and completed exercises)
Manhattan Number Properties (little over half done)
Manhattan Word Translations (haven't started)
Manhattan Equations (haven't started)

I hope to finish NP tomorrow and finish Word Translations and Equations next.

Is this a reasonable approach?

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by MBA_Ziggy on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by amising6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am
MBA_Ziggy wrote:Have been studying off/on....

Should I concentrate on just getting the first 5 questions right (spend extra time) then not worry about the remainder of the section (as long as I finish?)

I have the following books:
Manhattan SC (read and completed exercises)
Manhattan Number Properties (little over half done)
Manhattan Word Translations (haven't started)
Manhattan Equations (haven't started)

best of luck
Is this a reasonable approach?

Thanks everyone.

I hope to finish NP tomorrow and finish Word Translations and Equations next.
no dude its nothing like first 5 or 10 question
try to finish manhattan cr also
okie and 550 is very gettable with this also
they say that 500 level question you get first and if you keep on getting first 5 question right then your score will reach some 600+level but after that if you dont concentrate it will come down
so try to finish as much as possible and dont go by all this
Ideation without execution is delusion

by MBA_Ziggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24 am
Thanks for the response.

So your telling me that the first 5 to 10 question approach is bogus?

When I say concentrate on the first 5-10, I'm not suggesting that I will totally guess on the remainder on the test. I just won't worry as much using process of elimination in order to complete the test.

Thanks again.

by amising6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:28 am
MBA_Ziggy wrote:Thanks for the response.

When I say concentrate on the first 5-10, I'm not suggesting that I will totally guess on the remainder on the test. I just won't worry as much using process of elimination in order to complete the test.

Thanks again.
no as soon as you get first 5 to 10 question right with every right question next question is of little tougher level and this will continue when gmat algo will try to get your level when you get one question wrong next question would be little easy this will continue till your level is reached

by MBA_Ziggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 am
amising6 wrote:

Thanks again.
no as soon as you get first 5 to 10 question right with every right question next question is of little tougher level and this will continue when gmat algo will try to get your level when you get one question wrong next question would be little easy this will continue till your level is reached
Doesn't the GMAC claim that they can predict your overall score within the first 5-10 questions of each section? The rest of the section is to just to "fine tune" your score? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

Thanks

by amising6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 am
MBA_Ziggy wrote:
amising6 wrote:

Thanks again.
Doesn't the GMAC claim that they can predict your overall score within the first 5-10 questions of each section? The rest of the section is to just to "fine tune" your score? Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly.

Thanks
GMAC doesnt claim this but yeh it is a universal myth and different prep institute are coming out with this