My GMAT study plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

My GMAT study plan

by freebarbeque » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 am
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the boards for some time and i wanted to drop my info in to see if im on track. I completed a 4 day Kaplan course in Dublin last November but work was crazy and i had to put off the exams, i am now booked for the 8th of August and im just getting into it.

I have planned about 10 hours per week and im taking about 15 days off work before the exam to study full time. I have read other peoples programs and the hours are similar but has anyone tried the intensive studying off work for the weeks preceeding the test?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:26 am
I personally think that its better to study 3 hours a day 5 days a week for at least 2 months rather than to attempt to cram for 2 weeks.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

by freebarbeque » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 am
Thats what im currently doing, but more on the weekends. Its just the way work lies.

by dkolkin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 am
I fully agree that day-to-day work steals plenty of time, which one could use for preparation. But such is life and we have to deal with this obstacle.
I'm not trying to tell that i know the right way of preparation.
Vice versa i'd like to ask if someone know "working" experience of how to manage limited time recourse in order to organize preparation process in efficient way?

Assuming replies in the topic one way was offered:
1. 3 hrs/day 5 days a week = 15 hrs/week

In my way of living it is very difficult to leave according this schedule.
I have a friend who finished HBS and during his preparation process he had spent 1 Saturday during some period of time (i don't remember now) and had successfully antered HBS...

Look forward to seeing more comments on this issue!

Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members

by uwhusky » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am
I think the best reason why it's better to spread out the studying plan is the time available to actually practice. GMAT doesn't test anything straight forward like college tests, and memorization alone will not get you very far.