MY GMAT quant strategy, good or bad idea??

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MY GMAT quant strategy, good or bad idea??

by suo1987 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm
Hey guys, do you think this is a good idea?? My idea is that I would go through the OG 12 for the GMAT quant section by working the problems and then an problems that I missed, look at the explanation in the back and work through the problem the way the OG 12 sets it up until I have it down back. I intend on doing the same for the Manhattan quant Guides too. I know this is a silly question but I need some opinions on this. Please help. I want to score a 680+ on this test.

P.S. I plan to take the test around mid-late November which will give me about a little over 3 months and a week or so.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
I would say while going through each problem time yourself. Set a target for 40 question in 60 minutes. There is a GMAT timer excel sheet available somewhere in this forum. Use it to track your time.
Once you done 40 questions, stop and check your answer from the answersheet(and not explaination). You will find few first questions easy and quick to answer but it will become hard and harder as move towards end of the PS/DS sections.For the one you got wrong, don't look into explaination and try to solve it without look into explanation, if reqd go through theory/concept again. Doesn't matter how long you take to solve the question. This way you will get the concept clear in mind. Reading explainations makes life easy..which will not help in exam.
suo1987 wrote:Hey guys, do you think this is a good idea?? My idea is that I would go through the OG 12 for the GMAT quant section by working the problems and then an problems that I missed, look at the explanation in the back and work through the problem the way the OG 12 sets it up until I have it down back. I intend on doing the same for the Manhattan quant Guides too. I know this is a silly question but I need some opinions on this. Please help. I want to score a 680+ on this test.

P.S. I plan to take the test around mid-late November which will give me about a little over 3 months and a week or so.