MGMAT v. OG 10

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MGMAT v. OG 10

by gte793n » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:28 pm
Hi,

I have about 20 days left till I take the GMAT. I finished OG 11 a long time ago and I was doing OG 10 lately because I thought that I've completed all of the available problems, such as PR and Kap. But now I realized that there are question banks online on manhattangmat.com. Now, I have done a MGMAT verbal book, which has all CR, RC, and SC categories in one big book. The questions I have are:

1) Are the questions online different from the books?

2) Is my MGMAT book the old edition (blue cover), if so are the questions different from the books that are currently available online? --> OMG! I just looked at my blue cover book and it said Manhattan Review! Is this the same thing as MGMAT book?

3) Do you recommend that I finish OG 10 or do MGMAT questions if the questions are new to me?

4) I'm not so sure whether I have enough time to order the books and do them. Would the questions from the online bank sufficiently cover the topics that are covered on the books?

Thank you so much! :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:30 pm
The ManhattanGMAT online question banks have different questions from the ones in the printed books or the ones in our tests.

Manhattan Review, however, is not the same company as ManhattanGMAT. Our books have red covers (and they also don't say Manhattan Review :))

It's unclear to me whether you have any of our books - if your books don't say ManhattanGMAT, then you can't access our online question banks - those go with the books. If your books are Manhattan Review books, then I can't answer your question - I don't know what to recommend for their materials.

OG10 has about 75% overlap with OG11 and the two supplements (quant and verbal). Generally, I recommend doing a mix of our questions and OG questions - OG b/c they're the real thing, and MGMAT because our explanations help you to learn more than OG explanations.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me