MGMAT Private Tutoring vs Course

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MGMAT Private Tutoring vs Course

by BlueHappy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm
Looking to score 740-800 on GMAT. Historically been pretty strong academically (valedictorian).

Have 2 complete months (can spend 8+hr/day on this) to get this done, what's my best option - private tutoring or course?

My concern is that the course might go to slow or not be at the right level. My concern with the private tutoring is the "lessons" might not be structured - I'd hate a weekly session "so what do you want to learn today" or "what's bugging you" - and I might lose out on "peer learning"

Please advise! Thanks!

PS I assume you have full access to all MGMAT online resources either way (especially since the private tutoring packages are pretty expensive!)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 pm
Before making any decision, I recommend your taking a GMAT Prep exam from MBA.com (they are free). These tests are the best indicators of your actual GMAT performance since they feature real but retired questions.

It may be good to benchmark yourself before you make a decision. You may find that you are already hitting that range and that you can just do some self prep to get prepared. It would be nice to save some money too. :)

Otherwise, if it's between the two, I recommend the MGMAT course. Very good course and lots of members here have reported nice results. Private tutoring is a good option and I believe it would be pretty structured. You can go to the 'Ask a Manhattan GMAT representative' forum in this community to dig a little deeper.

Good luck, and please let us know what you decide!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school