MGMAT Math One-Day Workshops - Any opinions?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MGMAT Math One-Day Workshops - Any opinions?

by zgmail » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:07 am
I was wondering if anyone has taken a Virtual Foundations of Math I & II workshop with Manhattan GMAT.

I am really looking to improve my math score (after not having any math since freshmen year of college), and wanted to know if people have found those workshops helpful.

Here's the description for Foundations I from their website:

This workshop is designed for students who have gone an extended period of time without being exposed to GMAT math concepts and/or students who score below 50th percentile on the Quantitative Section of practice exams. In addition, students who score above 50th percentile, but who take unsystematic approaches or make frequent careless mistakes, should also consider this program. During this engaging 2.5-hour program (with a 30 minute break), you will gain a strong understanding of fundamental concepts, processes and skills in the following areas:

Equations
• Isolate a variable
• Turn words into math
• Solve problems involving more than one equation Divisibility & Exponents
• Understand factors as foundations of numbers
• Solve divisibility problems
• Combine exponents properly

Each chapter starts from “zero” and builds carefully, emphasizing essential principles. Clear and compelling visuals provide powerful anchors for understanding. Workshop components are paced and sequenced to build both your comprehension and your confidence. Both during the workshop and afterwards in the form of online homework drills, you will have ample opportunity to practice your newly acquired skills. By the end of the workshop, you will have mastered not only practice exercises but also real GMAT problems of intermediate difficulty.

by Vali » Mon May 12, 2008 9:49 am
I wouldn't waiste my money on the workshop. I did take the online Manhattan class. It was fine but basically they go by their books. So, if you can buy their books you can get the same info as attending the workshop. There are so many resources online......Good Luck

by Vali » Mon May 12, 2008 9:49 am
I wouldn't waiste my money on the workshop. I did take the online Manhattan class. It was fine but basically they go by their books. So, if you can buy their books you can get the same info as attending the workshop. There are so many resources online......Good Luck