MBA in Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:670
Hi,

What all schools have good programs for Social Innovation or Social Entrepreneurship?
What are the main factors to be considered while short-listing schools for these programs?
Also, what is the potential of MBA in this field in regards to getting a good job and career? Do companies recruit students with this background? What kind of jobs and who all recruit?
Long term goal after this MBA could be varied (like NGO, socially responsible companies, non profit, etc) but considering MBA will cost a lot and there will be a big loan that needs to be taken care of, are there enough job opportunities out there??
Would appreciate response from experts and current students.

Apart from this, I have a few profile specific questions, please reply:
I took my second shot at GMAT last week and scored 670 (Q47 V35, AWA 5) in the test. I am an Indian female working as Electronics Design Engineer at John Deere India. I will have 3 yrs work ex at time of matriculation. Apart from this I have good social (Fellow at Open Space, NGO working for Social awareness and Teach for India's Young Professional Ambassador) and leadership (General Sec of the undergrad college and founder of drama club) experience. I wish to pursue MBA in social entrepreneurship in a good school in this field.

Is my score good enough to apply for Fall 2011?? I was of the opinion that rather than a retake, I can work more on essays and my profile. Is a good GMAT score more important? If I want to apply with this score, what other factors I should concentrate on in my apps?