MBA in New Zealand

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

MBA in New Zealand

by guesswhoamihuh » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 pm
Hello

I am seeking opinions on MBA in New Zealand. The universities that caught my eye are -

1. Univeristy of Auckland
2. University of Otago
3. Univeristy of Centerbury

My profile is -
Indian Male
10th: 82% -
12th: 80%
Bachelors: 70% - Bachelors in Hotel Management - Bangalore University
GMAT Score: 640 (Q47, V31)

Work Exp: 5 years and 3 months
July 2007 - June 08 - Marketing Management Trainee, ITC Hotels
July 2008 - June 09 - Asst. Manager Sales (Grade 11), ITC Hotels
July 2009 - June 11 - Asst. Manager Sales (Grade 12), ITC Hotels
July 2011 - Oct 11 - Asst. Sales Manager (Grade 13), ITC Hotels
Nov 2011 - till date - Major Accounts Manager - Major Accounts Asia Pacific Micros Fidelio
Interested in: Marketing/General management/leadership

Till now I was looking at SMU, Singapore very strongly. The reasons why I am looking at New Zealand are -
1. Better return on investement. The course fees is much less than other MBAs (US, Europe, Spore, etc).
2. Its easy to get a work permit in NZ than in Spore. Spore has revised its work permit laws and has made it difficult to sponsor family.
3. Its easier to get PR in NZ than in Spore.
I understand that job opportunities in NZ are less than Spore,but its not that bad. The demographic situation is not so favourable for international students in Singapore anymore. I quote this after doing a thorough study of the job opportunities and the new trends. My key apprehension is that it would be difficult for me to repay the loan that I would take to study in Singapore than it would be in NZ.
I seek some critical opinion towards my thoughts. I know that MBAs of NZ are not as popular as they are of other nations, but they have some good universities. It would be great if I could get your thoughts on this.

Thank you