MBA in Entrepreneurship

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

MBA in Entrepreneurship

by aditya.j » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 am
Hey Gmatters/experts,

I am interested in pursuing an MBA in entrepreneurship. I have come across some Unis. such as Babson, Rotman, Ross (Michigan), Kenan and Flagler(UNC).

I have a work experience of 3.5 years that spans Account Management, Channel Sales and Retail.

GMAT: 650 (new pattern)
BBA (General Management)
Extra Curricular: Public Speaking contests

I was interested in a MBA program that has a high ROI, Good Venture lab and a decently influential Alumni Network. In addition, i would also appreciate it if someone could evaluate my application.

Warm Regards,

aJ

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:26 pm
Not too much to evaluate with this info. I will say that you may want to think about beefing up your GMAT score...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm
I second Jim on that, however if at all you are interested in studying in Europe, i will advice you to have a look at the MBA program at Copenhagen Business School in Denmark.

I generally do not advise MBA aspirants to study in Europe at this economic juncture but CBS is a wonderful school, the best in the Nordic region (Denmark, Sweden, Finland & Norway) and with the profile that you have mentioned, you could present a decent case for a place in their MBA program, which is heavily focused on Entrepreneurship. One of my friends told me recently that in 2011 Denmark replaced USA as the most entrepreneurial nation in the world and is also the country with the happiest people on the planet, another impetus to be an entrepreneur.

As a part of the MBA program at CBS, you will get to sit on the board of a start-up company/business and will help them through the business challenges the start-up is facing, at the same time learning key skills which will help you steer your start-up through similar or related challenges in the future. An opportunity worth taking.

Hope it helps.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by campbellronald7 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:40 am
I saw your interest in Babson's entrepreneurship programs and wanted to share my experience there with you. While you may want to consider retaking your GMATS, I would not say you are totally out of the running. This was an amazing program located in a great location and I gained so many solid connections throughout Boston. They also have an impressive amount of graduate employers as I know this is an aspect you are interested in. I would say this is a great choice for you to look into more! Best of luck!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 am
I agree with Jim here - you need to strengthen that GMAT. You are a little on the lower side in terms of work experience and while you have a non-IT background (which is nice), a 650 is low for your applicant pool.

If you are focused on entrepreneurship, don't focus on the ranking of the individual concentration. You need to focus on the ranking of the overall brand. Go for the highest possible rank you can get into it. That is a good proxy for the influence of the network, perception, etc. Therefore, Babson may be higher ranked for ent but Ross has a higher rank and better brand. Don't take that to mean I suggest Ross as a school for you - I'm just using two examples from the list you provided.

Also, without knowing more about you, I can't comment on your chances at all - we'd need a lot more info. But at the moment, suffice it to say you have to get >700, a 720 or so would be nice!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!