MBA from france

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MBA from france

by mausam.deb » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:12 pm
I am planning to do my MBA in 2013. I wonder how good will it be to do that from France ( preferably EMLyon), given the factors
1. I am from India and can hardly speak french
2. I have over 8 years of industry experience

Thanks
Mausam

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vineets » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm
Hi Mausam,

With 8 years of Industry Experience, it would make a lot of sense to go for the 1 year Global MBA course from ESSEC Business School. It is considered among the top 2 B schools in France and among the top 10 B schools in Europe.

Regards

Vineets

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:37 am
Hi Mausam

From the 1 yr long extensive research that i have done on MBA programs, I have found that no French b-school except INSEAD & HEC has a good enough support system for international students. What i mean by a good support system is a careers department which helps at least 60-80% international students find jobs of their choice. ESSEC & EMLYON are very good b-schools for local French people but their careers departments are a big concern. Although Essec's career services are way better than Emlyon's, where they hardly exist.

May i ask you, which country are you from & which industry do you represent?

by mausam.deb » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 am
Thanks... Even my research is saying the same thing.. I am from India, IT Services.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 am
Hi Mausam,
So you are an Indian IT guy. Why don't you try in South East Asia. Europe is half dead, finding a job in Europe is going to be much more difficult in the coming years. With Spain & Italy on the verge, the future looks gloomy. I am European, i want to be close to my family or otherwise i would have loved to study in Singapore & Hong Kong. There are 5 highly ranked international & very well networked Business Schools in Asia. Nanyang, NUS, University of Hong Kong B-School, HKUST B-School & CEIBS, all at par with the best schools in Europe. They are not even that expensive & provide wonderful opportunities to learn & grow. I had an offer from NUS but finally i decided to stay in Europe. Think twice before coming to Europe.

by OnlineStudent » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 am
mbaguy2012 wrote:Hi Mausam,
So you are an Indian IT guy. Why don't you try in South East Asia. Europe is half dead, finding a job in Europe is going to be much more difficult in the coming years. With Spain & Italy on the verge, the future looks gloomy. I am European, i want to be close to my family or otherwise i would have loved to study in Singapore & Hong Kong. There are 5 highly ranked international & very well networked Business Schools in Asia. Nanyang, NUS, University of Hong Kong B-School, HKUST B-School & CEIBS, all at par with the best schools in Europe. They are not even that expensive & provide wonderful opportunities to learn & grow. I had an offer from NUS but finally i decided to stay in Europe. Think twice before coming to Europe.
Hi mbaguy2012, what you say is accurate and true -

"The unemployment rate in Singapore is one of the lowest in the world. Many people in Asia like to go to Europe or North America for their degree programs but they soon find out that it's very difficult to find employment in these countries upon graduation.

The unemployment rate in the United States was last reported at 8.2 percent in May of 2012 - tradingeconomics.com
The UK unemployment rate will rise from its current 8.3% to almost 9% by the end of this year (2012) - www.bbc.co.uk
The unemployment rate in Singapore was last reported at 2.1 percent in the first quarter of 2012. - tradingeconomics.com

Many Asian students who wish to pursue an international MBA fail to do their research properly and plan for their career post-graduation, a significant number of them are attracted by the romantic idea of studying and working in a foreign country without giving much thought to the nation's economic state and its job market. A considerable number of Singaporeans return home after studying and fruitlessly trying to get a job in UK and United States."

The full article can be found here - https://www.coursesinsg.com/2012/06/5-re ... apore.html , it is a really good read that I would recommend to people who are considering Singapore for an education