Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:750

MBA for IT engineers

by tienvunguyen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 am
Hi all,

Anyone here is IT engineer with MBA degree and can tell me about different positions for IT+MBA upon graduation, salary expectation (for top 20 schools), and how MBA changed your career focus?

From my research, most IT+MBA do consulting work or become general managers. Consulting sounds interesting but also very vague (consult in what???). Right now, honestly, I don't know what I really really want to do after MBA. I just know that I'd rather do business and technical together rather than do technical for rest of my life. Anyone in same situation during pre-MBA stage?

By the way, this is my profile, I'm not sure what schools I should aim at (top 20, top 30?) and what my chances are:

Education: BS & MS in IT from a US university (low ranked)
Experience: 5 years. Small company. lead a couple of projects.
GMAT: 750
Extracurricular: Some in university. About to do some now.

Thanks.

Vu.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by madhukumar_v » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:41 am
>> I don't know what I really really want to do after MBA

Answering this question is very important before you board this journey of MBA. Its not easy to find what you really want to do, but spend time researching what you love to do and what you want to do in career is important. To start with, Type in "steve jobs speech in Stanford" n youtube and listen to it-- you might get some ideas..good luck.