Making the decision, your story

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Making the decision, your story

by CPA2011 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:09 am
How did you make your decision to get an MBA? What did you give up in order to do so? Did it/does it look like/do you think it will pay off in the end?

I'm currently at a firm that I like, and it's theoretically possible for me to get into the industry I want without getting an MBA. For these reasons, it's really a huge sacrifice, and a substantial risk, to quit my job and move away with my wife to go to school again. Needless to say, I'm a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. That being said, I still feel this inexplicable desire/need to get into a good school and earn an MBA. Has anyone else wrestled with this apprehension? Did you fear that you were leaving a "sure thing" with your current job and jumping blindly into uncharted waters? Were you afraid of graduating and finding yourself unable to find that "dream" job?

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 am
Almost everybody is undergoing this dilemma of opportunity cost.

I will bust a myth for you. You think that you may or maynot even come close to get your dream job but that is statistically not supported. There is a more than 80 percent chance of you becoming better off after your MBA tangibly. Intangibly there are benefits beyond rendering.

Its not a desire, its infact the order of the day. This means if you want to do an MBA, there is no better decision at this point.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."