Low GMAT (660), high TOEFL, AWA, Good experience?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I took the GMAT last weekend and was pretty disappointed with 660 owing primarily to low verbal (32), when i took the GMAT last year i did significantly better in verbal (37) but was low on math. I have about 10 yrs. of experience here in the US working with big firms such as Cisco and Sun. I also ran an e-commerce company on my own for 4 years (along side full-time job) and have worked in a startup that has been acquired by Cisco.
I expect a really good AWA (haven't received those yet).

Given all this, do I stand a chance in UCLA FEMBA? I know that no one has the correct answer but i've been in dumps since i got my crappy GMAT score and am really considering taking it again. My interview with UCLA is next week so any tips would help too. Finally, would they give me an opportunity to take GMAT again should that become a factor in rejecting my candidature?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:11 pm
Dear sjd00d,

It is hard to say if you are out of range for the FEMBA program. You are not that far below the average for the FEMBA, and with 10 years of experience and a high GPA, you might be fine. Once you receive a decision of admit or deny, you cannot submit additional materials for another review. So, if you are concerned, you should contact the admissions office and get some insight into your particular case. If it is a big issue for them, then I would think you would glean that from your conversation with them.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me