London School of Economics and Cass Business School

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi i am currently in my third year of Bachelors in Business Management(BMS) from Mumbai, India. I want to apply for an Msc in Real estate in LSE and Cass. I would like to know if my management degree is eligible for it? and at the same time what score in my Gmat should i aim for considering the fact that i would want to later on do an MBA in real estate in US from wharton. i am planning to give my Gmat this year in august-september

I would also reallyy appreciate any advice from you all as to how should i go about with my internships and any other extra curriculars in order to get into these colleges.

i have done exceptionally well in my 10th and 12th standard. also my 2 years of undergrad has fairly good scores

thankyouuu

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm
Aim at 700+ if Wharton is your target in the future.

LSE is a great school. All the best.

by bpbp » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:32 pm
With considerable work experience and strong financial background I applied to Cass MBA in 2012 along with other reputable schools (Oxford MBA, Cambrdige, Imperial MBA and also MSc courses at LBS, LSE and Cranfield) and got to the interview stage for all of them.
I went to the Cass open days and contacted some current MBA students as well as alumnies, who were of the opinion that I can easily get in if I can afford the tuition fees, furthermore one candidate stated that he had not done the GMAT, contradicting with the members of the admission team who clearly stated that every candidate had to do the GMAT test to be considered for enrollment.

I was invited for an interview at Cass in February 2012 and met with Dr. Giantvito Lanzolla, who is the Dubai EMBA Course Director. His office was very unorganized (like a students room during the exam season) and he had to look for my CV for about a minute after I had arrived (I offered him a copy as I had one with me). He did not read my essay, was not interested in my occupation as a finance professional in London or why i want to do the MBA, but kept asking questions about my online shop, which was just about to start. I had at least 5 questions regarding that, from the marketing plan to the customers I was targeting.
Then he went on to GMAT where I got a good Quant (92% percentile) and a low Verbal score, due to the fact that English is my 3rd language. He asked how is it possible that I stated I am a hard worker but did not increased my verbal score. I answered that I did GMAT 4 times and I took part in a Veritas GMAT preparation course and got an IELTS score of 7.5, hence my GMAT verbal score did not improved. Dr. Giantvito Lanzolla confirmed that he is fine with my final GMAT score but still not convinced that I am a hard worker due to my inability to increase my verbal score.

Then he picked up a phone call in the middle of my interview, chatting in Italian and checking his emails. Did not seem like an important call, nor did he apologized for interrupting my interview. The whole interview was very unprofessional from his side and at the end of the interview he asked me for my feedback: I just mentioned that he should switch off his phone the next time. Feedback should always be anonymous as practiced by professional institutions.

Not surprisingly got rejected from Cass but had offers from much better schools for the MBA as well as MSc courses.

I requested feedback and was left with no response, not even a simple we don't provide feedback!

Would NOT recommend Cass to any serious candidate!

by vinayn_gmat » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 am
I was wondering if you could tell me which schools should I target. I am interested in MSc Finacne courses in UK.
Undergrad- BE- First class
Summer course in Financial Accounting- Columbia University- Got A
GMAT- 690 Q- 48 V- 35
Work ex- 5 years
2 years in typical IT firm- Cognizant
1 year in UBS in US- Finance role
2 years as freelance trader- work from home
I am applying for LSE, Cass and Warwick. Are these a little stretch?
Any good school matching my profile?
I appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Vinay