LBS Post Admit Essay - Conditional Offer?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

LBS Post Admit Essay - Conditional Offer?

by nm1158 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm
Hey guys - just got an email today congratulating me for getting into Class of 2017 for LBS (Yay!)
However, it says the offer is conditional on me sending in my transcripts and submitting another essay. Has anyone else had this experience.
I talked to the alumni who interviewed me and she said she didn't have to write an essay after getting the offer.
Any idea how important this essay is? I'm trying to figure out if I got in and this is just a formality or I didn't really get in and this is another step in the admission process.
The email was fairly confusing.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ShortyII » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am
Congrats!

Everyone will have to do it - you really did get in - all they are saying is ensure you get the transcripts in and submit this essay otherwise we'll yank the offer - there's a terms and conditions page on the website as well that lays out the contractual obligations to pay fees, attend class, for them to provide classes etc which might help in addition to the 'moral' obligations that are created which you will likely want to talk about.

More importantly, have you decided INSEAD or LBS!?? and Why?
Last edited by ShortyII on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nm1158 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:47 am
Hey - thanks for the reply!
I haven't decided and I'm extremely confused. I personally like INSEAD but professional LBS might make more sense. I'm trying to get into marketing strategy/ brand management post MBA

These are the things I'm confused about:

- More CPG firms and marketing roles recruit at INSEAD (11% vs 3% at LBS); however, I would want to work in London post MBA since that's where most of the major CPG global marketing headquarters are. Everyone I talk to seems to suggest that there are no networking opportunities at INSEAD and if I want to work in London, even though marketing roles don't usually recruit there I would have a better chance getting a job through networking - any thoughts?
- LBS has an internship built-in. I'm going into MBA school fairly young (24 right now) and I'm concerned maybe not having an internship at INSEAD might hurt my chances at recruiting but not sure if that's really a factor
- Have been told that INSEAD is 'losing its touch' in terms of reputation - any thoughts?