knewton course

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

knewton course

by vikram4689 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:53 am
How is the knewton course, can anyone who has taken it share some thoughts on same. Also i was watching their videos on Youtube, i would like to know does these videos present the actual picture of videos that a student enrolled would get and moreover if i do not understand a concept from video, will there be teachers to help.

Hope to get response to all 3 queries soon :)
Premise: If you like my post
Conclusion : Press the Thanks Button ;)

Legendary Member

by vikram4689 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 am
For e.g. I would appreciate if i can be explained this ques through some other approach https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation ... pcQ6g6YESY

Official Company Rep

by Jessie@Knewton » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:48 pm
Hi Vikram,

We have two courses: On Demand and Premium Live. Both include 6 CATS, 13 required GMAT sessions (3 hours each), and more than 3,400 practice problems of all types, all targeting specific components on the GMAT. The Premium Live course offers an additional 24 hours of live, interactive classes each week that dive deeper into concepts and strategies students are struggling with. The schedule changes month to month based on what students need more help with at the time. The On Demand course offers 6 months of course access, and Live Premium offers a full year.

It's great that you've enjoyed the YouTube videos, though to be honest - they're not very reflective of our current classes. They're pretty dated, and the videos in our course are of much better quality.

As far as instructor help goes, you can post any sort of question on our community forum and receive a reply from another student or teacher. If you're a Live Premium student, you can ask questions via live chat during class.

Hope this answers all of your questions. If you have any more, feel free to reach out!

All the best,

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by thunderdan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 pm
The positives are many compared to some negatives here and there for this course.

Positives:
1. Good adaptive engine and you can self pace based on your schedule.
2. They also have archive of previous live videos that can help go thru specific topics as needed.
3. Good instructors with deep knowledge of the test. The live classes are really good.
4. The concept graph that suggests the topics based on your prior errors in the course is a nice feature.

Negatives:
1. Very very light coverage on the AWS, very minimal.
2. There is no help contact us that can take your questions on the course related stuff, you may have to send an email to get questions qualitatively answered.

Over all it is a good course and I liked their online format.

Legendary Member

by vikram4689 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm
thunderdan wrote:The positives are many compared to some negatives here and there for this course.
Negatives:
1. Very very light coverage on the AWS, very minimal.
2. There is no help contact us that can take your questions on the course related stuff, you may have to send an email to get questions qualitatively answered.
AWS ??

for 2. isnt there a forum where students can post their questions and then everyone including students and experts will reply.

by thunderdan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:30 pm
Typo. AWA it is.

by thunderdan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 pm
BTW I do not see any forums after logging into my.knewton.com. If there is an active forum, it was never highlighted to me. Oops.

Legendary Member

by vikram4689 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 pm
Jessie@Knewton wrote:As far as instructor help goes, you can post any sort of question on our community forum and receive a reply from another student or teacher. If you're a Live Premium student, you can ask questions via live chat during class.
Knewton GMAT Team
I got the verisimilitude of forum from above line

by thunderdan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 am
Yes there is answers.knewton.com; When I enrolled in the premium course there is no mention of these additional assets that can be used; The course could have been more upfront with the details like these rather than hanging the users to research and find by themselves.

Upon cursory look thru the forum mentioned above, some of the questions from users are answered promptly but if there is a follow-up question the responses from Knewton seem to be very delayed or none.

Legendary Member

by vikram4689 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 am
i think knewton expert can better explain this