Kellogg or Stern or Haas Part-Time

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:750

Kellogg or Stern or Haas Part-Time

by futureMBA » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:11 pm
I have an admission offer from Stern PT and Kellogg PT. I also have an interview invite from Haas PT.

My education and professional experience has been in technology industry (software to be precise). I am looking to major in General Mgmt and Technology.

Any ideas what would be a better school for me?

I have no preference for location after my MBA.

Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm
Okay, so here's what the various programs offer. I can't comment specifically on PT programs, but there is usually a chasm between FT and PT students, mostly because of scheduling differences. Anyway, for FT programs...

All offer strong alumni networks, all well known, all good global mgt - so no difference there
Haas - tech, entrepreneur, marketing, Silicon Valley connections, Pacific Rim conncections, social venture

Stern - Finance, Wall Street connections, European connections

Kellogg - Marketing, finance, general management

Can't go wrong in any of those places. However, since grads tend to stick around their schools, you should decide where you want to live. If you are an East Coast guy, Stern. If you want to live in the Midwest, Kellogg. And Haas for West Coast. The point is that as your career progress, you will want to draw on your fellow alumni to get business / jobs. And there will be a bigger concentration of fellow alumni in those regions. Same with undergrad alum. And strangely, that matters A LOT. In fact, one Stanford professor did a study and concluded that the biggest value of an MBA program is the social network you create, more than the classroom education you get.

So there's my 2 cents! Hope its helpful!
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31